- Run, walk, cycle or take the bus where possible
- Grow your own
- Refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle
- Switch to an electric vehicle for zero emissions
- Go paperless and recycle waste appropriately
- Switch off non-essential equipment and devices if not in use
- Use low carbon anaesthetic cases
- Recycle cardboard packaging
- 31% of our total carbon emissions were reduced between 2013 and 2018, from 19,855 tCO2e to 13,740 tCO2e
- 100% of our electricity is produced from renewable energy tariffs
- Recently we’ve replaced existing lights at HRI with LED fittings, aiming to reduce energy consumption by more than 3 megawatts
- We’ve recently received funding towards our long term Heat Decarbonisation Plan
Our green plan which has been commissioned for Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust (CHFT) by Calderdale and Huddersfield Solutions (CHS) through consultation with WRM is available to read.
Ahead of COP26, join us to celebrate their inspiration efforts.
A lot of it is down to everyday people making changes. Join is in celebrating COP26 which is being held this October (2021) in Glasgow.