Cookies are small text files saved on your phone, tablet or computer when you visit a website. Once a cookie is saved on your computer, only the website that created the cookie can read it.
Cookies are generally divided into mandatory and non-essential:
- Mandatory cookies being those needed to progress through site functionality
- Non-essential cookies being used for analytics, cookies from advertisers or third parties, including affiliates and those that identify a user when they returns to the website.
This site uses a few different types of cookies including some mandatory and non-essential.
Our mandatory cookies:
- Store your preferences on cookies whilst using our site.
- Make our website work as you’d expect.
Our non essential cookies:
- Enable us to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
- Help us to understand how people are using our website so that we can improve it for you.
- Measure how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they work correctly and respond quickly.
The law says we must:
- Tell you that the cookies are there
- Explain what the cookies are doing and why
- Get your permission to store a cookie on your device (although we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site)